What's Included In This Course
Are you sick of waiting for the IT department to extract data from your systems?
Do you spend too much time flattening your data tables into one with VLOOKUP just so you can use it in a Pivot Table report?
Are you frustrated that Excel can’t handle more data?
Power Pivot for Excel fixes all that.
In my Power Pivot for Excel course I’ll teach you how you can use the free Power Pivot Excel add-in to perform powerful data analysis right from within Excel 2010 onward, bringing self-service business intelligence to your desktop.
Don’t know Pivot Tables?
Don’t worry, I’ve teamed up with John to bring you the most comprehensive Pivot Table course course on the planet (as an optional extra), so you can master Pivot Tables too.
More about John’s Xtreme PivotTable course in a minute.
Big Data on your Desktop
Leveraging “big data” in your business might be crunching sales patterns to plan inventory levels, cutting staff expenses by analysing employee overtime and rearranging work schedules or using social media data to gauge what customers think about your business and competitors.
Power Pivot for Excel enables you to transform enormous quantities of data with incredible speed into meaningful information to get the answers you need in seconds, all with the comfort of familiar Excel tools and features.
- Import millions of rows of data from virtually any source including relational databases, data feeds, Reporting Services, text files, multidimensional sources, cloud services, data feeds, Excel files, and data from the Web into a single Excel workbook,
- Create relationships between the different sources just like Access.
- Build interactive reports with PivotTables, PivotCharts and Slicers, and then further analyze the data so that you can make timely business decisions.
- Power Pivot calculations and analysis are extremely fast. You can process millions of rows in about the same time as thousands.
- Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) is a new formula language that extends the data manipulation capabilities of Excel to enable more sophisticated and complex grouping, calculation, and analysis like never before.
- The DAX formula language is very similar to that of Excel formulas.
All without requiring IT assistance.
- Hands on Project Based Learning – We build a Power Pivot model together from start to finish. The course follows a progressive path with each video teaching a technique or step which you then perform using the data provided in the course. So, at every stage you are practicing what you learn which helps retain knowledge and build confidence.
- Download the completed Excel Power Pivot files created during filming and use them as a reference tool that you can go back to later on to refresh your memory.
- The training is delivered online and tutorials are available to watch 24/7 at your own pace. Pause, rewind, replay as many times as you like.
- 6 hours of video tutorials covering everything from installing Power Pivot, importing data, DAX formulas, PivotTables and more.
- Compatible with Excel 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and Office 365 – there are separate courses for Excel 2010/2013 and Excel 2016 onward and Office 365 so that you’ll know where to find the various features in the menus in your version.
- The pace is pretty fast because I hate courses that waffle on. I like to get straight to the point so you’re up to speed fast, and I’ve designed it so that if you need to re-watch anything you can rewind and replay the videos as many times as you like.
- The average video length is 4 ½ minutes! Fit it in during a coffee break, on the train or bus to work, at the airport, or anywhere you have a spare 5 minutes and an internet connection.
- 12 months access to the video tutorials and file downloads. There’s even a download option where you can download all videos in the course and keep them on your own PC forever.
- BONUS e-Book: Learn to Write DAX by Matt Allington. This book extends your hands-on practice. Inside you will find explanation of concepts, sample exercises and then practice questions and answers to maximize learning retention and experience. The e-book is delivered via email 31 days after joining the course.
- Have access to Excel 2010 or Excel 2013/2016 Office Professional Plus, Office 2016 Professional, any version of Excel 2019 or Office 365, or the standalone edition of Excel 2013/2016.
- Mac users: Power Pivot won’t run on a Mac, sorry 🙁 You can install Windows on Mac using Parallels, Boot Camp or VMWare Fusion and then install Power Pivot on a PC version of Excel (see first point above) running under a VM.
- Compatibility with other versions:
- Compatibility with other versions:
Note: Excel 2016/2019 comes with new DAX functions which are not backwards compatible with Excel 2013.
- Sharing Power Pivot Excel files: Office 365 users can share Excel files under 10MB via Excel Online with others. Excel Online supports Slicers and modifying Power Pivot PivotTables, but not the creation of Power Pivot PivotTables. Excel Online is a great option for users who wish to view Power Pivot reports but don’t have a version of the Excel Desktop App that contains Power Pivot.
- Prices are +GST for Australian customers.
- If you purchase the Online + Download option, course videos will be available for download after the 30 day Money Back Guarantee period ends.
- Membership and access to the training materials is for one person only. Logons are not to be used by multiple people.
- Downloaded videos are to be used only by the registered member, they are not to be transferred/shared amongst other people.
- You can request a refund provided that no more than 30% of the course videos have been watched.
Reviews & Instructors
Have a look to who is teaching this course and what are the learners views, it's always good to know what you think about this course.